Friday 17 October 2014

A Pharaoh Abroad - Nathon

8.8.14

Nathon 


Today Sak took us to Nathon. On the way we saw palm trees swaying in the breeze to and fro. We also saw the sea winking at us as if saying “welcome back to Nathon”. We also saw all the fascinating ships and ferries docked at the Harbour.

We had breakfast at our usual café in Nathon. Dad and I shared some eggs, sausages and bacon. Dad kindly left me the eggs. I loved the bits I had!

Afterwards we all looked around some markets. Jill happily bought us some new Lego figures, eeeeppp! Jill got Dad and I Captain America, Batman, and Aquaman. Dad and I were really grateful. After everyone had had their turn looking around the markets, we went back to the meeting point to meet back up with Sak. We asked him to take us to a beach restaurant.

After we had reached our destination, yet again Dad and I chose crab, however BBQ this time. Whilst we were waiting all the kids played on the beach, yay! Dad and I built a fort near the water. Alas the waves won as they breached the walls and destroyed the castle! By the time our sand kingdom was breached it was time for lunch. I loved my crab, however it was very hard to eat as Dad and I kept having to break the shell to get the tasty morsels inside. After our fill of our meals we all said our thanks and farewells to the waiters and asked them to give our compliments to the chef. Afterwards we asked Sak to drop us all off where we belong; Jill her hotel, us our villa.

While we were waiting for Liam to pick us up. Dad and I went swimming and diving, yip eeeeeeh! We also did the flop, this is where you stand near the water’s edge and just stand there and lean forward to drop in, its lots of fun! Before we knew it Liam was ready to pick us up. Just the six of us Dad, Ian, Jani, Isaac, Super and me, of course, Liam then picked up Jill at her hotel and then dropped us off in Bo Phut.

For tea we went back to the Happy Elephant. Before this though, Dad and I bought a serpent made out of ropes twisted and knotted together. I thought to myself how clever it really was, they can also be bended and moved

At the Happy Elephant Dad and I ordered Pad Thai. While we were waiting Isaac and Dad played a game of Super Hero cards. Isaac won, like always! When the food arrived Dad and I could smell the unwavering spices emanating from our Pad Thai. Dad and I loved it and still cherish the taste in our mind, it was delicious! After tea we all had a wander through the markets. Many a time we stopped and looked but we never bought anything until Jill bought a hat for us. Dad and I got a Superman hat and Isaac got a Batman hat, which is confusing I thought it should’ve been the other way round. Any way we were very happy with our new hats. So we celebrated with a pancake, yay! Dad and I had chocolate, honey and sprinkles on ours (what? It’s not like we’re on a diet or something... YET!). Dad and I really enjoyed ours. While we were eating we watched an exotic Dragon Dance. I loved how they roared, twirled, twisted and fluttered their eye lashes. Their colours stood out strong and bold against the dark night sky making the area around them look like day. After we had seen this beautiful and refreshing dance, we all said our farewells and parted our different ways. 

Mummi with a bit of help from Joss Abbs-Brown, aged 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment