Wednesday 15 October 2014

A Pharaoh Abroad - Gold or Paint?

6.8.14

Gold or Paint?


Today Liam drove us to the Big Buddha, a sacred part of the Monks’ religion. When we arrived there I saw how the sun winked off the statue and how it glowed and shone. We paid Liam and stated our thanks and entered the Holy Palace of the Monks.

But before that we had breakfast at a little cafĂ© just around the Big Buddha. Dad and I had two eggs and some sausages. I was just able to stomach the meat as I’m not a big fan of meat. While we were eating we saw a group of fisherman wading waist deep in the deep sea.

Afterwards we all entered the sacred place. Whilst we were there we got a blessing from a Monk for good luck all year round. He asked us where we came from and I of course informed him that I am the 8th Wonder of the World. The Monk also gave us all a beautiful wristband.

We then walked up the big staircase leading to the Big Buddha. We also rang the bells, it was so fascinating as we all listened to their own unique sounds. There were pure, small chimes and big, booming chimes. I loved it, so did we all.

We poked and peeked around the markets. While we were waiting for our taxi driver Liam, Dad and I bought some elephants for our friends back in cold and wet England! Dad also bought a monkey key ring saying Koh Samui on it for his best friend Ben. Soon Liam was ready to pick us up and take us home.

Dad and I went swimming. Bonnie finally got into it so we all started splashing at each other and had a great time. We then went inside and watched a movie called Injustice Gods Among Us. Super loved it, so did I but I wasn’t going to say it in front of Super!

Liam came to pick us up, just the six of us again as Shakira was tired. What a shame, Dad and I thought. Dad, Isaac, Jani, Ian, Super and I all clambered hurriedly into the taxi.

Liam dropped us off in Choeng Mon. Before we had tea we decided to look in a shop where Dad and I got Bulk a Lego Giant. We decided to go to The Long Table as it was fast becoming one of our favourite restaurants. Dad and I ordered King Prawns! Sizzling Hot! When our meal came they set it on fire we loved it as it had a very hard kick of taste. 

After we had finally eaten we went to the floating market. There were soap stalls which smelled like heaven and many a toy stall dotted here and there. But what caught Dad’s and my attention wasn’t the fancy soap stores or the dazzling toy stalls it was the delicately carved statues. Soon after a wonderful night out hand in hand, Liam took us back to our villa.

Mummi with a bit of help from Joss Abbs-Brown, aged 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment