Thursday 23 October 2014

A Pharaoh Abroad - Farewells!

 

12.8.14

Farewells!


Today Jill was due to leave Koh Samui. So everyone was in a very sombre mood. After breakfast Dad, Isaac, Jani, Super and I went back to the Big Buddha to cheer ourselves up just before we were to meet Jill in Chaweng CF.

When we got there we all decided to have a drink. Dad and I had Lipton Ice Tea. It was very refreshing as we had been in a very humid car for ages! We then had a quick wander around. We also looked at the Coca Nut Monkey shop, Dad and I ended up getting hooked on a 50% off sale with a big Island with a few monkeys crawling on the trees. I loved it! Jani also bought a few swirly tops. After everyone had had their turn at looking at what they wanted we all got a taxi to CF.

Once everyone had assembled at The Kitchen we all ordered our choice of meals. Dad and I shared an oriental Pizza with Spicy Sausages! While we were waiting Joss and Jill started talking and I played hide and seek with Super, but guess who would always find me and cheat Super as he would use his X- Ray vision to find me! When our pizza arrived Dad and I saw how big the pizza was. Finally we gave in as it was far too big. We then got a taxi to Choeng Mon beach for the Rambling Isle competition.

We went to the Karate café and while the adults swigged a cuppa in their ageing hands, the six of us little ‘uns made our Rambling Isles. Dad and I used a dead crab and a big rock covered in sea weed. We then placed pink petals all over the top of it to make it look like Koh Samui. Our finishing touches were some beautiful shells and our monkeys on top. When it came to judging it came to Jill and Ian. Dad and I had won the best prize for best representation of Koh Samui. Isaac and Super won Best Island made out of thrown away objects, and Shakira and Bonnie won the most Fairy like. Ian then stated the overall winner. For a moment we all held our breath then the words came. Isaac and Super cheered and were joyous. For our prizes Jill gave us her love and got us an Ice cream and a drink. Isaac then had a heat stroke which is very serious. So after Jill sadly departed we all went to Tesco Lotus for Isaac to cool down.

After Isaac returned to normal the three of us Ned, Isaac and Dad had a haircut. When Joss came out he looked like a punk. I didn’t like my new Dad so to show me that he wasn’t a completely new Dad we all went to the arcade. After a few rounds of Dad and I thrashing Shakira and Bonnie on the Karate game we went for dinner at Bo Phut.

When we got there we ate at the Happy Elephant. Joss said he could imagine Jill sitting at her chair chatting through the night. I told him the truth that she wasn’t there she was gone. Joss slowly and forlornly nodded his agreement. For tea Dad and I had prawn cakes and rice, yum. However Dad didn’t eat much as his appetite had gone and I agreed with him knowing how he felt. As we slowly munched through a prawn cake we saw Jill’s plane take off. We could see how the wings sliced through the air like a knife to a loaf. After tea we sadly travelled home only three more nights!

Mummi with a bit of help from Joss Abbs-Brown, aged 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment