Wednesday 8 October 2014

A Pharaoh Abroad - Nathon

1.8.14

Nathon


In the morning after breakfast Dad and I went swimming again to kill time before Sak was to pick us up and take us to Nathon, a large settlement with a ferry port and many markets. Soon, just on cue, Sak was ready to pick us up and take us to Nathon. We also picked up Jill. On the way I saw the odd business man dealing with an unsatisfied customer and the many bars and restaurants setting up for the big day ahead. I also saw the ferries docked in the harbour dwarfing the small fishing boats around them, casting their shadows across the sea giving the ocean a dark and sinister look. 

We thanked Sak and asked him to wait for a few hours. We all agreed that a drink was to come first so we found our regular café in Nathon and had a drink. Dad and I had a Vanilla Milkshake. It was very refreshing a lot better than rock pool water. Afterwards we looked around a market. Dad and I bought some Lego figures and Shakira and Bonnie bought a beautiful dress. After a while we all got thirsty again. So we went to an art café. I had a milkshake in a beautiful cup. 

Afterwards we met back up with Sak and asked him to take us to a restaurant. Sak cheerfully proposed a restaurant by the beach so we agreed. At the restaurant Dad and I had spicy crab yet again as we loved it so much last night. For a while we played on the beach. In the time before our food came we managed to bury Shakira in sand along with Bonnie so they both looked like Mermaids. Soon the food arrived. Dad and I loved the food as it was so spicy. Jani even allowed us to keep the shell off the crab. I was so happy and so was Joss. After we had filled ourselves with the treasures of the sea we said goodbye and thanked them all. 

We asked Sak to pick us all up later at 6:00pm. He explained that his friend, King, would pick us up and take us home. While we were waiting Dad and I went swimming again and the minutes soon rushed by. After everyone was dressed just on time King arrived ready to take us to bustling Bo Phut. We were soon in Bo Phut. King then dropped us off and we thanked him and asked him to come back a 9:00pm. 

We all hopped off and looked around Bo Phut and all the markets. Dad and I bought some more Lego figures, yippee! We then went to a restaurant near the beach for dinner. Dad and I enjoyed some Pad Thai. The shrimps were fresh and delicious. Dad and I also loved the taste even more when we put some chillies on. Soon everyone grew weary and exhausted so we picked up some candy floss and went home. At home Dad and I finished off the night with some pink milk and some candy floss. Soon we were drifting into Dreamland. 

Mummi with a bit of help from Joss Abbs-Brown, aged 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment