Wednesday 22 October 2014

A Pharaoh Abroad - How to Train your Elephant


11.8.14

How to Train your Elephant


Today Sak took everyone to Waterfall One, including Jill to meet the Elephants. Soon we had arrived and we all jumped out of the van bursting with excitement! We got the tickets for the seven of us to go Dad, Isaac, Shakira, Ned, Super, Bonnie and I, as the adults were a bunch of cowards!

I was so excited as I had heard of these majestic mammals however I had never come face to face with one so proud until this day, this was my chance. Dad, Isaac, Super and I were sharing a big male one with huge, intimidating tusks. Shakira, Ned and Bonnie shared a female Elephant. We soon departed our last glance back was of Bonnie clutching hold of Shakira tightly. Lost in their embrace their elephant slowly departed and trundled into the jungle. I was amazed as it was so high up, I felt dizzy and nauseous as the elephant slowly lumbered forward through the jungle swinging to and fro. Super was equally amazed as me or more. As all he knew was fame and admiration, however it seemed that the tables had turned rapidly with the tame beast in Super’s sight for he showered all the admiration he could muster upon it. As the trek was nearing the end the last thing we all saw were the small huts in the distance. 

We all met back at the elephant boarding platform. Ned, Shakira and Bonnie arrived a few minutes after us. Everyone was really happy especially Jill, as she enjoyed seeing her loved ones happy.

Sak then took us to the Mummified Monk. We were all really excited as we respectfully walked into the mesmerising shrine that was built in memory of the Monk. The Monk however was not what I expected. Where were his bandages? Why was he still wearing clothes!? All I saw was a body encased in a see-through case. If this is what they called mummified 'Pathetic!' I thought!

After the terrible display we all decided to go for lunch at a restaurant on the beach. Dad and I decided to have King Prawns BBQ. Jill agreed that it was a good choice. While we waited we all played on the beach. Dad and I practiced making a Rambling Isle on the beach as we were going to have a competition soon to see who could build the best Rambling Isle. After we had finished we were called back to the table. Dad and I then learned how King Prawns had earned their title as they were huge. I had one and Dad had the last one. Dad and I loved them. Soon everyone had eaten their fill so we asked Sak to take us all home. After Sak had dropped Jill at her hotel he dropped us off. Ian then paid him and we all stated our thanks and pleasure at being in his company. 

Afterwards Dad and I went swimming performing the odd flop here and there. We all watched dventure Time for a while, whilst we were waiting for M to pick us up (M is Liam’s Son.) When he arrived we asked M to take us to CF.

Dad and I ordered chicken, when it came I was startled at how big it was. It was very salty and peppery. Dad and I just ate it all. P.S. Dad did most of the work. Still I have to admit it was very tender meat, actually I loved it, thumbs up! Soon everyone had finished. So we decided to have a little wander. We ended up buying a few DVDs and walking back to CF. Soon we got a taxi home.
Mummi with a bit of help from Joss Abbs-Brown, aged 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment