Friday 6 July 2012

Kidsunlimited St Marys



Here at St Mary's nursery, as part of our ongoing relationship with our parents, we opened the door for them to come in and read stories to their child and their friends. We are a very diverse nursery and have many bilingual and trilingual children and parents. One of our pre school parents came in and read to the children in both English and French, which is her mother tongue.
'This morning, I read two books (one in English, one in French - my mother tongue) to my son’s group at Kidsunlimited nursery and it has been a great experience!!'
I’m a bit of a bookworm myself and I love reading books to David before he goes to bed, but it was the first time I read books to an audience of 3 and 4-year-olds. The children were just fantastic: they listened to the story: The Teeny Weeny Tadpole with their mouths wide open, they commented on the different animals pictured in the book: That's Not a Tadpole, That's a Purple Monster!, loved the repetitions 'boing!!!' and also paid attention to all details: 'look at the ladybird! The tadpole just jumped on its head!'. 

They made me smile with all their comments, and it was just fantastic to read a story to such a young and interested audience.


Anne Simonin, mum of David, 3 years old, Kidsunlimited nursery St Mary’s

No comments:

Post a Comment