Saturday 21 June 2014

Pupils from Manchester Communication Academy take part in Reading & Writing!


Curtis Jobling! Bob The Builder. Those are the words I think when I hear his name: Curtis Jobling. I was utterly enthusiastic when I found out that he was coming to my school because I have watched many BookTubers on YouTube talk about him - so this was the chance where I could meet him! The experience was stupendous! I found out that he was in fact an: illustrator, animator and author of many books (they’re astounding) plus he was a passionate reader like me who first started reading when he was 3. Personally, I thought that the genre, horror, was not my type but he made it my type after 100 pages and I am 100% hooked - well done Curtis.  Another thing is that he was HILARIOUS! He made many jokes like Steamboat Willy, he said that steamboat was not a bad word however we all know it’s the word ‘Willy’.  The visit from him was wonderful and I can’t wait to read his new book duology: Haunt, Dead Scared and I know I will love it (maybe because I have already read 50 pages)

-Chi Hoang


When the sensational Curtis Jobling arrived today, I was immensely thrilled!
Hearing him talk about his passions, his hobbies and what he does for a living was an extremely fascinating experience…But, what does Curtis do? Curtis Jobling: animator, illustrator, author and avid reader – amazing. Curtis created the infamous Bob The Builder, Curious Cow & various other children/animal themed animations; he also writes books for ages  11+, the main genres being horror and fantasy. Curtis explained how he had started his career, frames in animation, his books (which are marvellous!) and who he works with. We got to buy Curtis’ books from Waterstones, he signed them – as well as a bookmark – I then found out what a pleasant and humorous man he is!
I absolutely loved Curtis Jobling’s visit and would be incredibly grateful if he could pop by again (hint!).

- Hannah Rashidi

No comments:

Post a Comment