Tuesday 10 June 2014

An Email from Stuart Reid


By Stuart Reid

Can't believe I'm emailing MCBF just before 9pm in the evening and I've got to be up at 3.30am tomorrow morning (groans) to drive to Manchester, bringing the most awesome, amazing, enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational author event ever to two Manchester primary schools. 

I'll be presenting book reading shows at Rackhouse and St Andrew's Primary Schools, as well as hosting a few creative writing workshops. My presentations are inspirational, educational and enthusiastic; engaging pupils with audience participation, fun and energy. These sessions are designed to inspire and enthuse children, especially boys to want to read and write more stories, more often. 

But be warned! My books are a bit on the yucky side... about bums, bogies and big bottom burps... about poo, pee, pumps... pooping and parping and porridge. My first book was published in 2011 and entitled Gorgeous George and the Giant Geriatric Generator. This has been followed by two other books in the Gorgeous George series: Zigzag Zit-faced Zombies and Unidentified Unsinkable Underpants. Book 4 will be out later this year. 

This year I'm celebrating my third year as a full-time author, and I believe I have the best job in the world, presenting at over 500 schools, libraries and book festivals, as well as working with BBC Learning, ITV's Get Britain Reading campaign and Channel4 in the last two years! 

I've been to a few schools in and around Manchester already and they're always brilliant fun. As an author, I think I've got the best job in the world - I get to read for a living. I get to talk about poo in front of teachers, and I get to throw false teeth at small children. 
And if this blog post wasn't already one big long advert, I'll be hosting 25 shows at the Edinburgh Festival in August - the world's largest arts and culture event. Reading Rocks! 

Right, time for bed. Nighty-night everybody ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment